Finding Words in the Shadows By: K.I.

Staring at the blank page in front of me
My mind at a loss for words
Why is this so difficult?
I find myself isolated, alone
No one is here with me in this world
I am a brilliant mind, misunderstood
All the others just don't understand me
I am different; no one wishes to befriend the outcast
So i sit here, trying to write or draw
Making friends with shadows on my wall
They say I'm insane; they don't know me
I'm not crazy. I'm just a little unwell
Where is all this leading?
Some would say I'll lose my mind
One day someone will love me
Angels with silver wings shouldn't know suffering
But will anyone ever call me an angel?
That's just the way it is...
I know nothing will ever change.
Fate is out to get me, a mere little girl
But I'm getting better at fighting the future.
Until then, I'm making friends with the shadows on my wall
But I think I've found my words

0 Comments: